Review the current open positions below, then send in your application online.
Bluestem Ecological Services is looking for a candidate with field & sales experience in natural resource management to grow our Sales Department. This candidate would be working with Property Managers, residential communities, GCs & Land Managers to offer restoration, stewardship and prescribed burning needs within native plant communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive new client sales to increase sales volume and company revenue.
- Prepare accurate and timely estimates and proposals utilizing estimating software.
- Provide quality customer service to all existing & prospective clients.
- Develop relationships with Landscape Architects, Developers, Property & Land Managers providing bid opportunities.
- Meet with potential and current clients to review Bluestem’s services, visit job sites to assess conditions, restoration needs and gaps.
- Attend marketing & networking opportunities as a representative of Bluestem. This may include evening or weekend work no more than once/month.
- Manage accounts of sold jobs by bridging communication with clients and crew leaders through job completion. Oversee jobs and coordination of equipment & materials needed on jobsite.
- Ability to be a flexible team player that can work with the Sales team, Operations and Management to support company goals.
- Meticulous & detailed, while able to use critical-thinking skills to see the “Big Picture”.
- Strong communication & networking skills, including the ability to confidently discuss and negotiate project details with clients.
- Some horticultural and plant identification knowledge required
- Computer proficiency and ability to create and produce business correspondence, proposals & basic promotional material.
- Experience in Customer Service, Sales or Marketing roles is a plus
Bluestem Ecological Services offers a base salary between $35,000-$45,000, plus Commission and a company vehicle after 6 months. Our benefits package includes health, dental, vision, HSA & 401K. As part of the role, the new team member will be given opportunities to direct your own professional development and growth, including continued education through conferences and certificates.
Bluestem is a sustainable company that builds, restores and maintains native ecosystems. Our goal is to bring elements of the original Midwest landscape back to its natural state. We develop partnerships based on a balance of people, the environment, and most of all economic value. We are looking for team members who are passionate about sustainability and ecology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Restoration technicians will be planting plugs, trees and shrubs; installing seed and erosion control blanket installation; and conducting invasive species control (mechanical and chemical). Upon hiring, candidates will be expected to obtain their Illinois Herbicide Applicators License.
Bluestem crew members will be working at locations such as forest preserves, park districts, new developments, HOA’s, Commercial, wetland mitigation sites, sustainable design developments, etc. Technicians will work in plant communities such as prairies, wetlands, sedge meadows, woodlands, and naturalized stormwater detention basins. Technicians will be scheduled to work across Chicagoland and SE Wisconsin.
Candidates should have some knowledge of local flora, a strong work ethic, function well as both team and individual work assignments and operate small power tools (tractors, RTV, skid steer a plus). Other misc. duties will be equipment care, some data entry and record keeping.
• 1 to 2 years’ experience preferred in biology, botany, ecology (understanding of landscape construction applications helpful).
• Access to transportation to/from Marengo, IL daily. (Driver’s License with a good driver record & Drug testing is required if driving a company vehicle).
• Must have the physical ability to work long hours in the outdoors in inclement conditions (rain, heat, mosquitoes, bees and wetland conditions).
Bluestem Ecological Services offers competitive wages and a benefits package
including health, dental, vision, 401K and incentives.
Deberes y responsabilidades:
Responsibilidades pueden incluir la instalación de plantas en humedales, la instalación de árboles, la eliminación de árboles con motosierra, y la instalación de piedras natural/albañilerίa y control de la erosión.
Los candidatos deben tener una fuerte ética de trabajo, funcionar bien tanto en equipo como en tareas individuales y manejar pequeñas herramientas eléctricas (tractores, RTV, minicargadoras, etc.). Los técnicos trabajaran en la region de Chicago y el sudeste de Wisconsin, presentándose en Marengo, IL.
- 1 a 2 años de experiencia en construccion, paisajismo y/o jardineria.
- La capacidad física para trabajar horas largas al aire libre en condiciones inclementes (lluvia, calor, humedad, mosquitos, abejas y condiciones mojadas, etc).
- Transporte fiable para llegar a Marengo, IL todos los dias laborales.
- Experiencia en la interpretación de planos de construcción, manejo de machinaria/tractors, y/o licencia de aplicar pesticidios sera un "plus".
Bluestem Ecological Services ofrece salarios competetivos y seguro medico.